Last Updated on 10-30-2022
All you need to know about entry to Taiwan in this article. You can find the details about the latest entry policy and the list of hotels that can stay during 0+7 Self Initiated Epidemic Prevention.
- The latest quarantine policy for entering Taiwan
- 0+7 entry restriction
- During the self-initiated epidemic prevention period
- Book your 0+7 Self Initiated Epidemic Prevention Hotel
- FAQ of Quarantine policy
- What to do if you are confirmed with COVID-19 during quarantine
- If you are a business traveler, what do you need to do before entering Taiwan?
- Fines for violation of home quarantine regulations
- How do I get to my Self Initiated Epidemic Prevention location in Taiwan from the airport?
- Self Initiated Epidemic Prevention Hotel Booking Area
- Read more
The latest quarantine policy for entering Taiwan
In response to the gradual relaxation of border restrictions, the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC) reported that it would adjust the quarantine policy for travelers arriving from the outside in the near future.
0+7 entry restriction
Under the 0+7 entry policy which takes effect on October 13th 2022, there will be no more quarantine. However, individuals must complete seven (7) days of self-initiated epidemic prevention.
During the self-initiated epidemic prevention period
- Travelers can stay in the same residence as others, but must have their own room with a separate bathroom.
- Travelers will no longer have to request a change of location from the local government.
- A person undergoing self-initiated epidemic prevention could stay at an ordinary hotel.
- Inbound travelers who cannot meet these requirements, must stay in an epidemic prevention(quarantine) hotel.
- PCR testing (a total of 1 test): Arrivals will undergo a PCR test upon arrival (Day 0).
- At-home rapid tests: two rapid test kits will be given to arrivals aged 2 and older upon arrival; arrivals can use the test kits when symptoms occur during quarantine and before going out during the self-initiated epidemic prevention period.
Taiwan’s 0+7 entry restriction guideline :
The day of arrival counts as Day 0. A seven-day period of self-initiated epidemic prevention will be required.
Epidemic prevention rules to follow during the self-initiated epidemic prevention period:
- Arriving travelers will no longer be required to make a health declaration on the Quarantine System for Entry before arrival and to have a mobile phone with a Taiwanese number.
- The COVID-19 Health Declaration and Home Quarantine Notice will no longer be issued to arriving travelers.
- Electronic fencing and monitoring measures will be suspended, and home quarantine designation will no longer be marked in the National Health Insurance system. Home quarantine services from local governments will also be suspended.
- In principle, arriving travelers should stay at home or a residence of a friend or family member or a hotel room that meets the requirement of “one person per room” (with a private bathroom) in the self-initiated epidemic prevention period.
- During the self-initiated epidemic prevention period, arriving travelers should avoid coming into contact with persons who have a high risk of developing severe COVID-19 (including elderly people 65 and older, children under 6, and individuals who are immunocompromised or have a weak immune system).
- Arriving travelers should rest at home if they experience symptoms. If they don’t experience symptoms, a negative result from an at-home rapid test taken within two days is required before they go out, go to work, or attend school. They should wear a mask at all times when outside.
- Arriving travelers can dine alone or with specific persons in a restaurant if they need to eat when outside. They should immediately put on a mask when they leave their seat or finish eating. They can temporarily remove their mask when dining and should put on their mask after finishing their meal.
- Arriving travelers cannot visit or stay with a hospitalized individual in a hospital. Non-urgent medical services or examinations should be postponed. Arriving travelers should avoid going to long-term care facilities.
- Those with COVID-19 who have mild symptoms can receive home care at an enhanced quarantine hotel/government quarantine facility or the place where they undergo self-initiated epidemic prevention (general hotel not included).
- Four rapid test kits will be given to arriving travelers aged 2 and older by workers at international airports/ports upon arrival.
- When to use rapid tests:
- On the day of arrival or the first day of the self-initiated epidemic prevention period (D0/D1).
- Arriving travelers should take a rapid test and produce a negative result within two days before going out during the self-initiated epidemic prevention period.
- Symptoms develop during this period.
- The test results will not be recorded. Arriving travelers should follow the Self-initiated Epidemic Prevention Guidelines if they test positive with a rapid test.
- In consideration of the age limit on who can use at-home rapid test kits, children under two years of age will not be required to take rapid tests during the self-initiated epidemic prevention period.
FAQ of Quarantine policy
What to do if you are confirmed with COVID-19 during quarantine
If you are in the period of home quarantine and feel unwell and are found to be positive after a rapid test, you can contact the Department of Health or 1922 as soon as possible and follow the instructions.
Read more: The latest guideline for the new policy of confirmed cases. What to do if you are confirmed to have Covid-19?
If you are a business traveler, what do you need to do before entering Taiwan?
This article contains information on the latest quarantine policy and the types of business visas and how to apply for them.
Read more: Business travelers to Taiwan: visa application, quarantine regulations, eligibility, work permit guideline
Fines for violation of home quarantine regulations
- According to Article 58 of the Communicable Disease Control Act, any person who falsifies this notice will be fined ranging from NT 10,000 to 150,000.
- Those who fail to arrange a quarantine place will be fined NT$50,000 or more.
- Violators of home quarantine requirements will be fined ranging from NT 100,000 to 1,000,000.
How do I get to my Self Initiated Epidemic Prevention location in Taiwan from the airport?
Tripool Private Car Reservation Service
Tripool provides professional, safe and smoke-free drivers for you at any time, regardless of Taipei, New Taipei, Taichung, Hsinchu, Miaoli, Tainan, Changhua, Kaohsiung, Pingtung…etc., Tripool will pick you up from the airport to the quarantine location directly.
Before the reservation, you can estimate the fare on the tripool website,
the price be shown will be the total price, and you will know the cost of the trip right away.
- Transparent pricing, except for additional services, there will be no hidden charges
- 24-hour shuttle service available throughout Taiwan
- Free cancellation/change before 12:00 noon the day before departure (excluding rush orders)
- Rush orders can be completed in four hours during weekday working hours, and it is recommended that appointments be made before 5:00 p.m. the evening before.
💡Friendly reminder: Due to COVID-19 tests to be carried out at the airport, it is recommended to book the pick up service 1 hour after the plane has landed. The driver will wait for free for the first 30 minutes if passengers are late.
Can be picked up by family members or friends
As of September 1st arriving passengers could be picked up by family, friends, or agency group vehicles and be transported to their quarantine location.
Arrivals can drive themselves to quarantine
Inbound travelers are also allowed to drive themselves to a quarantine location in their own vehicle.
Inbound passengers who are asymptomatic may take all forms of public transportation under the 0+7 plan. Symptomatic patients are advised to board a quarantine taxi or arrange for their friends or relatives to pick them up.
Self Initiated Epidemic Prevention Hotel Booking Area
Currently all inbound passengers must undergo 7 days of self-initiated epidemic prevention in a place that meets the principle of one person per room.
Travelers looking to book the Self Initiated Epidemic Prevention Hotels in Taiwan can visit mrhost website.
They offer a wide range of hotels to suit varying budgets and preferences. They have a dedicated customer service team available if you have any questions or need to reserve a hotel.