Last Updated on 03-21-2023
As Covid-19 stabilizes, inbound travelers will not need to undergo 0+7 self-initiated epidemic prevention starting March 20, 2023. Then, those confirmed with minor cases do not need to be isolated, and family members living with them do not need 0+7 self-initiated epidemic prevention.
- The latest quarantine policy for entering Taiwan (After March 20)
- The latest quarantine policy for entering Taiwan (Before March 20)
- 0+7 entry restriction
- During the self-initiated epidemic prevention period
- FAQ of Quarantine policy
- Special entry requirements for people traveling from China to Taiwan
- Starting from February 20, Taiwan will open up the self-guided tour of people from Hong Kong and Macau
- If you are a business traveler, what do you need to do before entering Taiwan?
- Fines for violation of home quarantine regulations
- How do I get to my Accommodation location in Taiwan from the airport?
- Taiwan Monthly Hotel Booking Area
- Read more
The latest quarantine policy for entering Taiwan (After March 20)
The Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC) announced that due to Covid-19 slow down, the 0+7 self-initiated epidemic prevention for entering passengers will be cancelled from 3/20, and there will no longer be a requirement to stay in one person per room, so people will be free to choose their own accommodation.
What to do if you are confirmed with COVID-19 during quarantine
If you are in the period of home quarantine and feel unwell and are found to be positive after a rapid test, you can contact the Department of Health or 1922 as soon as possible and follow the instructions.
Read more: The latest guideline for the new policy of confirmed cases. What to do if you are confirmed to have Covid-19?
The latest quarantine policy for entering Taiwan (Before March 20)
The Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC) has announced that quarantine policy will be further relaxed to 0+7 days of self-initiated epidemic prevention beginning October 13th 2022.
People arriving in Taiwan will not be required to do home quarantine, but will only be required to do their own 7 days of quarantine, and will be allowed to take public transportation and do their own quarantine at their homes or hotels.
Starting from March 1, rapid tests will no longer be offered free of charge to arrivals. The number of rapid tests offered to close contacts of confirmed cases will also cease.
0+7 entry restriction
Under the 0+7 entry policy which takes effect on October 13th 2022, there will be no more quarantine. However, individuals must complete seven (7) days of self-initiated epidemic prevention.
During the self-initiated epidemic prevention period
- Travelers can stay in the same residence as others, but must have their own room with a separate bathroom.
- Travelers will no longer have to request a change of location from the local government.
- A person undergoing self-initiated epidemic prevention could stay at an ordinary hotel.
- Inbound travelers who cannot meet these requirements, must stay in an epidemic prevention(quarantine) hotel.
- Travelers from China should undergo 7-day period of self-initiated prevention and take rapid tests after entry.
- At-home rapid tests: Rapid tests will no longer be offered free of charge to arrivals aged 2 years and older.
Taiwan’s 0+7 entry restriction guideline :
The day of arrival counts as Day 0. A seven-day period of self-initiated epidemic prevention will be required.
Epidemic prevention rules to follow during the self-initiated epidemic prevention period:
- Arriving travelers will no longer be required to make a health declaration on the Quarantine System for Entry before arrival and to have a mobile phone with a Taiwanese number.
- The COVID-19 Health Declaration and Home Quarantine Notice will no longer be issued to arriving travelers.
- Electronic fencing and monitoring measures will be suspended, and home quarantine designation will no longer be marked in the National Health Insurance system. Home quarantine services from local governments will also be suspended.
- In principle, arriving travelers should stay at home or a residence of a friend or family member or a hotel room that meets the requirement of “one person per room” (with a private bathroom) in the self-initiated epidemic prevention period.
- During the self-initiated epidemic prevention period, arriving travelers should avoid coming into contact with persons who have a high risk of developing severe COVID-19 (including elderly people 65 and older, children under 6, and individuals who are immunocompromised or have a weak immune system).
- Arriving travelers should rest at home if they experience symptoms. If they don’t experience symptoms, a negative result from an at-home rapid test taken within two days is required before they go out, go to work, or attend school. They should wear a mask at all times when outside.
- Arriving travelers can dine alone or with specific persons in a restaurant if they need to eat when outside. They should immediately put on a mask when they leave their seat or finish eating. They can temporarily remove their mask when dining and should put on their mask after finishing their meal.
- Arriving travelers cannot visit or stay with a hospitalized individual in a hospital. Non-urgent medical services or examinations should be postponed. Arriving travelers should avoid going to long-term care facilities.
- Those with COVID-19 who have mild symptoms can receive home care at an enhanced quarantine hotel/government quarantine facility or the place where they undergo self-initiated epidemic prevention (general hotel not included).
- When to use rapid tests:
- Symptoms develop during this period.
- The test results will not be recorded. Arriving travelers should follow the Self-initiated Epidemic Prevention Guidelines if they test positive with a rapid test.
- In consideration of the age limit on who can use at-home rapid test kits, children under two years of age will not be required to take rapid tests during the self-initiated epidemic prevention period.
Book your 0+7 Self Initiated Epidemic Prevention Hotel
Although staying in a regular hotel is fine during the 0+7 period, not all hotels will accept guests during this period. Inbound travelers need to call and ask yourself. The following hotels accept 0+7 guests.
FAQ of Quarantine policy
Special entry requirements for people traveling from China to Taiwan
From January 1st-31st, 2023, travelers arriving in Taiwan through direct flights from China (apart from Hong Kong and Macau) are required to complete a health declaration form and undergo a saliva-based PCR test at the airport after landing. Passengers should return to their residence after undergoing the PCR test to engage in a seven-day period of self-initiated prevention and take COVID-19 tests throughout that time. If they have no symptoms or just have minor ones, people who test positive for COVID-19 must begin a five-day isolation; those who have more severe symptoms must call the 1922 hotline to arrange for transportation to a hospital.
NB: A negative polymerase chain reaction (PCR) test within 48 hours of boarding their flight at the place of departure, or a negative rapid antigen test within 24 hours of boarding their flight at the place of departure, will be required of passengers from China transiting through Hong Kong or Macau beginning on January 6.
Starting from February 20, Taiwan will open up the self-guided tour of people from Hong Kong and Macau
Starting from February 20, Taiwan will open up the self-guided tour of people from Hong Kong and Macau and remove the restriction of 5 persons in a tour. Hong Kong and Macao residents can also apply for temporary stay permits through “Hong Kong and Macau residents apply online for temporary stay permit (online visa).”
If you are a business traveler, what do you need to do before entering Taiwan?
This article contains information on the latest quarantine policy and the types of business visas and how to apply for them.
Read more: Business travelers to Taiwan: visa application, quarantine regulations, eligibility, work permit guideline.
Fines for violation of home quarantine regulations
- According to Article 58 of the Communicable Disease Control Act, any person who falsifies this notice will be fined ranging from NT 10,000 to 150,000.
- Those who fail to arrange a quarantine place will be fined NT$50,000 or more.
- Violators of home quarantine requirements will be fined ranging from NT 100,000 to 1,000,000.
How do I get to my Accommodation location in Taiwan from the airport?
Tripool Private Car Reservation Service
Tripool provides professional, safe and smoke-free drivers for you at any time, regardless of Taipei, New Taipei, Taichung, Hsinchu, Miaoli, Tainan, Changhua, Kaohsiung, Pingtung…etc., Tripool will pick you up from the airport to the quarantine location directly.
Before the reservation, you can estimate the fare on the tripool website,
the price be shown will be the total price, and you will know the cost of the trip right away.
- Transparent pricing, except for additional services, there will be no hidden charges
- 24-hour shuttle service available throughout Taiwan
- Free cancellation/change before 12:00 noon the day before departure (excluding rush orders)
- Rush orders can be completed in four hours during weekday working hours, and it is recommended that appointments be made before 5:00 p.m. the evening before.
💡Friendly reminder: It is recommended to book the pick up service 1 hour after the plane has landed. The driver will wait for free for the first 30 minutes if passengers are late.
Can be picked up by family members or friends
As of September 1st 2022, arriving passengers could be picked up by family, friends, or agency group vehicles and be transported to their accommodation location.
Taiwan Monthly Hotel Booking Area
Currently all inbound passengers are free to choose their accommodation.
Travelers looking to book the Self Initiated Epidemic Prevention Hotels in Taiwan can visit mrhost website.
They offer a wide range of hotels to suit varying budgets and preferences. They have a dedicated customer service team available if you have any questions or need to reserve a hotel.
146 thoughts on “Taiwan’s latest entry requirements and travel restrictions”
Hi, I’m planning to bring my family (me, my wife + 2 children) in April next year and I’m thinking of a 4-day / 3-night stay in Taipei. We’re fully vaccinated with booster shots, can we go around the city while having this quarantine period?
Hi, I have a 1.5 hour layover in Taipei from Canada, I am a Mexican citizen traveling to South Korea,
Do I need a transit visa or any other documents/requirements? I obviously am not leaving the airport.
my husband has working in taiwan and cannot take a vacation so i decide i will visit him this december. I already have found a hotel for my stay in taiwan, my question is
1. can my husband stay at my place during my 0 + 7 days? because I only read that i am not allowed to go to his place, but he can go to my place.
2. if he come to my place do my husband need to undergo 0 + 7 days?
thanks a lot
Hi, my sister in Taiwan will undergo a major operation, when I arrive, can I go directly to the hospital where she is admitted? She has no one there to assist her.
Able to advise the below hotels are approved for me to stay when i am coming over to Taiwan in Dec 2022?
Need your help and advise.
Hotel Midtown Richardson – No.4, Xiushan St., Ximending, Taipei, Taiwan, 10042
Lakeshore Hotel Metropolis – No.177, Minsheng Rd, Hsinchu City, Hsinchu, Taiwan, 30043
YOYO Hotel – 11F., No.617, Zhongshan Rd, West District, Chiayi, Taiwan
DDINN Hotel – No.29,Dagong St.,East Dist.,Taichung City 40150,Taiwan(R.O.C), East District, Taichung, Taiwan, 40150
Dafeng Hotel At Alishan – Unnamed Road, Alishan Township, Chiayi, Taiwan, 605
Euro Country Villa – Cingjing, Nantou, Taiwan
Hello! May I know if okay to stay in Hotel Midtown Richardson for tourists? Will be coming to Taiwan on Dec 9. Thank you.
Hi! I am travelling with a friend together to Taiwan for 8 days in Nov 2022. May I clarify on the following please?
1. We are arriving in Taiwan on the same flight and day together. As we are not family members, do we need to stay in separate hotel room?
2. May I clarify on the requirements to be able to stay in the same room please? Am a bit confused by FAQ Q4“staying in the same room is allowed if there is a need to do so”?
3. If we want to stay at hotel, do we need to book the hotel accommodations through mrhost.com.tw only or can we book through the hotel website or other platforms (e.g. Expedia, Agoda, Trip) ?
4. am I allowed to stay in a hotel that does not fall under the list of the hotels under mrhost.com.tw during the “0+7” days
5. Can I stay in different hotels during the “0+7” days?
6. if we are tested negative upon arrival, are we allowed to take public transport to our accommodation? For example, take high speed rail from Tao Yuan to go to Tai Chung, take public bus from station to hotel etc.
7. If we are tested negative throughout the 0+7 days, are we allowed to take public transport during the 0+7 period?
8. How do I declare negative results on day 0 after arrival?
Hello, my son and his aunt is planning to have a vacation here in taiwan on December. What are their requirements to possibly get the 14 day tourist visa? During their 0+7 can i join with them in their hotel?
Good day, just want to ask if will go to taiwan is there also a requirement of show money? Thanks
Hello, I have 8,5hours layover in Taipei. I wanted to go see the city during this layover. Can I do this (I am fully vaccinated with booster)? If yes, how to fulfil the requirements – just take the rapid test at the airport and then can I go explore the city, or anything else?
Hi Kat, if you want to see the city you will have to leave the airport which means going through immigration. So you have to make sure you do not need a visa to come to Taiwan and you can proceed to leave. If visa is needed to have to apply for one otherwise you are free to visit. Welcome to Taiwan already I hope you have a nice time
my husband is working in taiwan and cannot take a vacation so i decide to visit him on January during chinese new year with my son. We already have found a hotel for my stay in taiwan, my question is
1. can my husband stay at our place during our 0 + 7 days with my son?
2. Can me and my son with husband can stay at our booked room?
3. if he come to my place do my husband need to undergo 0 + 7 days after we leave the country?
thanks a lot
Hello, I plan to visit my brother and father who are staying together in Taipei during CNY (20 ~ 27/1/2023) and I’ll be staying at their house. According to the self-initiated epidemic prevention rules:
1) there’s a requirement of “one person per room (with a private bathroom)”. My brother house has only 1 bathroom. So can I stay at my brother’s house?
2) arriving travelers should avoid coming into contact with persons who have a high risk of developing severe COVID-19 (including elderly people 65 and older). As my father is 80+ years old, so can I stay at his house?
Need your advice please. Thank you.
Hi April, according to the regulations you should not stay at your father’s house since he is 80+. Also since your brother’s house is only one bathroom it is also not possible but what I would suggest you could have your father stay at your brother’s house if possible. Otherwise you will have to book a hotel. Let me know what you think
Hello . I will arrive in Taipei on December 18 .
1- Myself and my husband and daughter I understand arriving same day we can stay in the same room at hotel . I did not see the rules that allow staying together .
2- Can I visit the Household Registration or any Immigration Agency after taking my rapid test or do I have to wait the 7 days quarantine ?
Thank you for your help
Hi I have a question as well, my wife and I plan to travel to Hualien for 4 days 3 nights, 2 days 1 night in Jiufen and 5 days 4 nights in Taipei, can we book Airbnb and stay together? Please advise.
Hey Jess, according to regulations you are not allowed to stay at airbnbs for the 7 days. It is advised to book hotels that are okay with the 0+7 for your travel. If you have issues finding hotels you can look at https://www.mrhost.com.tw/
Hi! I’ll be attending a concert in Kaohsiung on 2023. Am i allowed to go to Kaohsiung if my hotel for 0+7 quarantine is located in taipei?
Hi, welcome to Taiwan already. To answer your first question, yes you can stay in the same rule when you arrive. For the second question, yes you can go out as long as you have a negative test so you can visit household registration or any immigration agency.
Hi, me and my friend are arriving on 1 dec to 7 dec. May I know which day can we leave the hotel room arfter getting negative result?
We are planning to go to Taipei from 29th Nov to 9th Dec 2022,(3 adults +1child age 6),all of us have 3 rd vaccinated.What are our requirements for us to travel to your country, we intend to use your public transport, staying in hotels,visits tourist attractions, 1)Do we need to quarantine!2)Do we need to self test before entering your country. 3)How many times do we need to self test during our stay. Thank you
Hey Michelle, thanks for reaching out. You can leave any day once you have a negative result. It is valid for 2 days. and after 2 days you will have to do a test again
Good morning.. i just want to ask.. if the children is only 7 yrs old still need to be a vaccinated? Thank you
I am meeting a friend in Taiwan who will be arriving a few weeks before me. We plan to share the same hotel room. Is that allowed? or must I have my own room?
Really helpful website thank you.
myself and my wife are travelling to Taipei – we are travelling together and will arrive on the same plane. In the 0-7 period can we assume we can stay in the same hotel room. I have seen other posts that suggest yes, but I can’t see the specific part of the CDC guidance to confirm this. I see reference to people arriving on the same day staying together “if they need to” in FAQ’s and that families can stay together. Can you confirm the position and the link to the guidance. Is it possible to get further CDC confirmation? Thank you for your help – John
Hi John, yes you can stay in the same room when you guys arrive together. I have the Chinese version of the CDC regulations on their website https://www.cdc.gov.tw/Category/QAPage/B5ttQxRgFUZlRFPS1dRliw
Hi Berry sorry for the late reply but yes now you can share the same hotel room
why the ofw quarantine rules, is separate from taiwanese citizen,,, can not spend 0+7 quarantine,even if theres own room with self bathroom?…..if theres no symtom? its unfair
why the ofw quarantine rules, is separate from taiwanese citizen,,, can not spend 0+7 quarantine,even if theres own room with own bathroom?…..my friends allow me to stay on her house,no bodies home, but,the agent say ,can not.only can stay in the hotel, even no symtom? its unfair
My friend and I are spending only three days (last weekend of October, 2022) and we have confirmed tickets to depart on the 31st. Can i confirm that we DO NOT need to stay 7 days in Taiwan? Thank you for your advice.
Hi, no you DO NOT need to stay in TAiwan for 7 days, you can stay for even 1 day if you want to
Hi I read all your replies here regarding that you can go out as long as your art is negative even in your Day 0 (your aarival), is that for real? Can they track it if you go outside after you reach your hotel? Because as far as what I read is from day 0 (arrival) until day 2 you can not go outside and there’s a big fine if you didnt follow. I would be glad if you can elaborate this more.
I am planning to visit Taiwan in mid December and am wondering if I am required to stay in the same hotel for 7 days or can I move hotel after 2 days? As I am planning to visit Hualien on my 3rd day and I plan to city hop throughout my 10-day trip.
under the current 0+7, can a traveler go outside to visit friends or enter into restaurants etc?
Hi Kenny, yes you can go outside to visit friends and enter restaurants. You just need to have a negative rapid test issued within two days of you going out
Hello, I have an overnight layover in Taiwan from Bali. Can I stay at a hotel one night and return to the airport to catch flight next day for US. I do not plan on staying in Taiwan more than 24 hours. Is this allowed?
Hi Veronica, yes it is allowed to stay only one night. Do you already have an idea about where you want to stay, do you need any help finding a hotel?
I’m traveling to taiwan on november 16-20. Ill be travelling with 4 people with different arrival dates. 2 on the 16th, 1 on the 17 and another on the 19th. Is it possible to book an AIRBNB with multiple rooms to comply with the 0+7 self isolated quarantine restriction in place? Thanks.
Hi Joseph, you are not allowed to stay at an Airbnb for the 0+7 period. According to the policy, only people arriving on the same day can stay at the same place. In your case, the two people coming on the 16th can stay in the same room but the other two will need to book different rooms. When booking the hotel make sure that it complies with the 0+7 rules as not all of them accept that. You can check https://www.mrhost.com.tw/ they have hotels that will allow you to stay during that time. If you have any more questions feel free to ask. I ll be happy to help
Hi. You said many times that it is not allowed to stay in Airbnb and that it is in the rules, but I can’t find that rule anywhere. I think I have read all the official pages that the government issue (in English at least). Can you point me to where it says that please? I want to stick to the rules and not be fined! Thanks.
Hi, if i am traveling to Taiwan for 6 days. Do i have to follow the 0+7 policy?
Hi Kit, yes, you would have to follow 0+7 policy and it is okay for staying 6 days.
Hello!!! I am going to be flying through Taipei from Thailand Nov 21 landing at 3:35pm and leaving back out November 22 at 8:30am. I found a hotel to stay at. Am I required to stay for 7 days? Also will I need a transit visa as a US citizen? Do I apply for that or is it on arrival? Thanks!
Hi Kim thanks for reaching out to us, no you are not required to stay for 7 days, and no you don’t need to apply for a transit visa as a US citizen.
I want to go to Kaohsiung in April 2023, I hold a British Passport, after I land in Taiwan, do I need to go through
Thank you for your help.
Hi Ton, As of the current policy, when you enter Taiwan you don’t need to be quarantined. However, you have to go through what they call now a “0+7” period. During that time, you have to stay in a place that complies with the one person per room rule. You are allowed to go out and meet with your friends, go visit places, etc as long as you have a negative rapid test that they will give you on your arrival to Taiwan. I don’t know if they will change the policy in the future, but you can stay connected with us to stay updated on the new policies. If you need to book a hotel that follows the 0+7 rules feel free to check out https://www.mrhost.com.tw/. If you have any specific questions do not hesitate to ask
Hi, if I test negative , can I go to see a concert?
HI LS yes if you test negative you can go to see a concert
I would like to check if i landed in taipei, is it ok for me to travel by rail to kaohsiung during the 0+7 self initiated period? also do I need to be vaccinated to enter taiwan or onboard inter-island rail service?
My boyfriend and I are planning to travel to Taiwan during the New year – Do we have to book two hotel rooms to comply with one person per room rules? Or we are OK to stay together depending on the 0+7 hotel policy?
Hi Chelai, if you guys will arrive on the same day then you can stay in the same room for the 0+7 period. No need to book two different rooms.
Hi Shawn, thanks for reaching out. You don’t need to be vaccinated to enter Taiwan or take inter-island rail service.. When you arrive in Taiwan now you can take public transportation as long as you don’t have any covid symtpoms.
hi! im planning to spend christmas in taiwan. i will be staying at my friend’s house with only 1 bathroom. will i be allowed to stay with them? they do not have a 65years old household.
Thank you for the detailed write up.
My family and I are arriving in December 2022. I read in your replies that since we are arriving on the same day and flight, we can stay in the same hotel room. May I confirm this and can you point us to your source of information since 0+7 officially states one person per room? Thank you
Hi JN, Yes if you arrive on the same day you can quarantine at the same hotel. https://www.cdc.gov.tw/En/Bulletin/Detail/nEBLnOPooDYFy_CBJqfWvg?typeid=158 This is the CDC website that gives the information about the new quarantine policy.
Hello! Is vaccination required to enter Taiwan? If not, is there any government website where I can see this information? Because everyone I asked on facebook groups keeps saying vaccination is required. Thank you!
No, u don’t need vaccination to enter Taiwan.
But airline company may requested u to have vaccination.
So, it depends on your airline company’s policy.
Hi Rain, thanks for reaching out to us. Vaccination is not required to enter Taiwan. However, some places like nightclubs, bars require you to have 3 doses. Other places like restaurants do not make it mandatory. You can see the information on Taiwan CDC website
hi, i am flying from singapore to taiwan going to stay taipei 5days, taichung 5days and kaohsiung 5 days.
Do i have to do a PCR before flying to taiwan
Before leaving taiwan to do a PCR flying back to singapore?
i be at least inside taiwan for about 15 days during March 2023.
1. Now you don’t need to do a PCR test before coming to Taiwan.
2. You need to do PCR test or not when you leave Taiwan, this depends on Singapore’s regulations.
I’m not vaccinated, but my sister is planning to invite me in Taiwan to celebrate Christmas and New Year there, am i possible to enter the country? What requirements should i need to present?
hi Im planning a trip to taiwan this coming January 2023. Are AirBNBs accepted as stays during the self initiated monitoring? thanks 🙂
You can’t stay in airbnb during 0+7, they are actually not legal in Taiwan. And some hotels are not willing to accept travelers under the 0+7 policy. mrhost has compiled a list of hotels that are willing to accept 0+7 travelers. You can feel free to check out their website at https://worktel.mrhost.com.tw/hotel?location_id=1&terms%5B%5D=32 or reach out to their customer service. One of their customer service representatives will help you find and book a hotel that meets your budget and preference.
My boyfriend is planning to visit me here in taiwan next month..but he is only going to stay for 7 days..are we allowed to stay together during the 7 days self initiated quarantine. Thanks for your reply
Hi Kim, During the 7 days, you guys can see each other, but according to the regulations, you are not allowed to stay at his hotel. As for if he can go to your place, yes. I hope that answers your question
Thanks for your article.
I will be reaching Taiwan on 19/10 and the purpose of my visit is to meet my girlfriend which is working in Taiwan. Can I know whether we are allowed to stay in one room or must be a separate room for the 0+ 7 policy? Can I book a 0+7 policy hotel, and will she be allow to come over?
Thanks a lot
Hi Alex, during the 0+7 you can’t stay in the same room with her. Also if you book a hotel, according to the regulations (1 person per room) she is not allowed to come over however you can go to see her at her place.
I want to bring my friend who is a South African citizen.
Are tourists currently allowed to visit Taiwan?
Starting from October 13th, tourists are allowed to enter Taiwan. You just need to make sure that your friend needs a visa or not. Your friend can stay at our place for the 0+7 period if it follows the one-person per room rule otherwise he/she will have to book a 0+7 hotel. If you have any questions do not hesitate to ask
im going to new zealand. lay over in taipe airport. what the ducuments needed before inter taiwan taipe.
I will be arriving in Taipei on Nov 29 and visiting for 10 days and we don’t need to do a PCR test prior. I thought I read that when we arrive that Taiwan will do a PCR test , is this correct? Also we will be provided several rapid test and we need to have a negative test before we go out. If we do the rapid test the day we arrive (Nov 29) and it’s Negative does that mean we can’t go out till Dec 1? Thank you!
Hi Edwin, you won’t have to do a PCR test before or when you arrive to Taiwan so don’t worry. You can go out as long as your rapid test is negative which means if you take the test on Nov 29 you can go out on the same day and your results will be valid for 2 days. After that you will have to do another test to go out again
Hi – excellent summary.
My wife and I are planning to travel to Taiwan during Christmas this year – Do we have to book two hotel room to comply with one person per room rules? Or ww are OK to stay together depending on the 0+7 hotel policy?
Hi Done, I assume you and your wife are arriving in Taiwan together. therefore you can book one room for both of you and stay together. But if you are arriving on different days you will have to book two separate rooms.
Thank you for covering so much detail in this article.
My husband and I are looking to book a flight that is scheduled to arrive in Taipei (from Canada) in the early morning of Nov 3rd. This will be our day 0.
The purpose of our trip is tourism/exploring beautiful Taiwan!
I have two questions based on the 0-7, Self Health Management policy:
1) if we test negative on day 0, can we go out to explore Taipei in the afternoon/evening of day 0
2) On Day 2 (Nov 5th) can we make our way to other parts of Taiwan such as sun moon lake and Alishan mountain or Hualein?
Thanks in advance for your help!
Hi Mas, thanks for reaching out.
1. Yes you can go out if test negative
2. You can also explore other parts of Taiwan.
If you have other questions feel free to ask
Hello , thanks for sharing this nice article , i really enjoy your way in writing , can you pleas tell how to subscribe in your website ?
Hi, my family will be travelling to Taiwan for 8 days in December 2022. We are from Singapore and will be there for leisure. May I ask :
1) if my husband and 4 young kids can stay in the same room when booking a hotel?
2) can we stay in a hotel in Taipei for 4 days then in another hotel eg. In Taitung for the next 4 days or we have to stay in the same hotel throughout our stay?
1. If you enter Taiwan on the same day, you will be allowed to stay in the same room.
2. You can change hotels at any time and do not have to stay in the same hotel for the full 7 days. But there are some hotels that are not willing to accept travelers under the 0+7 policy, you can go to our website and we have compiled a list of hotels that are willing to accept 0+7 travelers. It should save you a lot of time!
My family are traveling to Bali from Japan on Dec. 18. with a 1 day layover in Taipei. Are we expected to stay for a minimum of 7 days or can we just stay 1 night and catch out flight the next day? Also, are we allowed to do some sight seeing for that 1 day or must we stay in the hotel? It will be the same when we return to Japan. We will arrive in the afternoon and leave the following morning.
Starts on 10/13, you do not need to stay in Taiwan for the full 7 days. You can leave Taiwan at any time. If you want to go out on that day, you have to undergo a test within 48 hours. If it is negative, you are allowed to go out and not stay in the hotel.
hello , thanks for this article , i just want to ask you , is it ok to share this article on my facebook page ?
Yes, you can share this article on your facebook page to let more people know about the latest quarantine information in Taiwan.
Are the rapid test from airport are free of charge?
Hi, yes they are free of charge
I am traveling via China Airlines from U.S. to Philippines and will have a layover in Taipei for 6 hours.
Do I need to present PCR test before I leave US?
Hi, you no longer need PCR test to enter Taiwan whether it is a layover or for tourism
Hi, i’m from singapore heading to taiwan in December with my family which has 2 kids travelling together age 5 and 6.
1)Can i check if i need to get them(kids) vaccinated before travelling to taiwan?
2) i understand that we will have to book hotel that welcomes 0+7. But during this one week, are we able to travel around or we have only stay in the hotel till the 8th day?
Thank you so much in advance.
Hi Collin, you don’t need to have your kids vaccinated before traveling. During the 0+7, you are allowed to go out and travel around as long as you have a negative rapid test before leaving the hotel.
Thank you so much~
you are very welcome. We are here to help you
We will be coming back to HK via Taiwan from the US on 28th Oct.
Since it’s not an internal transit flight, we will need to take our luggage and re-enter the immigration. It will be done within the same day (3 hours)
Is there any rules on this. Do we need any paper work or tests during this transit?
Hi, there are no specific rules for this. So you can just transit freely. If you are interested in knowing what you can do during your time at the airport please check out our recent article https://www.traveltaiwanduringcovid19.com/1657/taiwan-taoyuan-international-airport/. I hope your transit goes smooth.
Since 0+7 will be implemented, are we required to stay in Taiwan for minimum of 7 days? Or can we stay for 3-5 days only?
Hi, you are not required to stay in Taiwan for minimum 7 days. You can stay for 2 days if you want to. You can see the 0+7 as the end of quarantine in Taiwan. So there are no much requirements as before, you are free to tour and explore the country. If you have any more questions feel free to ask. I hope you have a nice stay in Taiwan
hi , my family and i planning to visit taiwan this october , is booster shot needed or only 2 vaccine with records is enough ?
Hi Lorielyn, vaccine is not mandatory to come to Taiwan. However, it is always wise to have a booster shot as certain places such as nightclubs, bars will ask you to show proof of a booster shot to have access to their establishments.
hi my family want to visit here in taiwan from december 13 to december 26 what they need to do? or they need to provide requirements?
Hi Jasmine, to come to Taiwan after October 13th you are no longer required to quarantine. You just need to make sure you have a tourist visa if your country doesn’t have free entry agreement with Taiwan and you are good to go.
As long as you make sure you do or do not need a visa to enter Taiwan, you are okay. You can stay at a friend’s house if it follows the one person per room rule or you can book a hotel that accepts the 0+7 scheme.
Hello, we are a family of 5 (2 adults and 3 kids) from Singapore and we are planning to have our holiday in Taiwan from 2 Dec to 12 Dec 2022. Referring to the 0+7 policy, we have some queries which we hope to seek clarification:
1) When we arrive on 2 Dec 2022, each of us will be issued with 4 rapid test kits. Do we have to do the rapid test on the spot OR we can do the rapid test when we reach the hotel?
2) Are we allowed to go sightseeing, shopping and theme parks, etc if the rapid test result which we tested on 2 Dec (date of arrival) is negative?
3) Is there any quarantine needed, such as 1 or 2 days before we are allowed to roam around Taiwan?
3) As we are issued with 4 rapid test kits, other than testing on 1st day of arrival, when else do we have to carry out the testing? Do we have to take a photo of the rapid test kit result and show to whoever who may request for them as proof of entry?
4) Is there any phone application or any declaration we have to install or make before travelling to Taiwan? Or just a valid vaccination certificate suffices?
5) Since we are a family of 5 and we will be arriving in Taiwan on the same day, are we allowed to stay in the same hotel room?
6) For transportation to our hotel, are we allowed to take public transport, such as 高铁 or taxi? Will we be rejected because we are travelling under the 0+7 policy?
7) Is wearing of masks required at all times in Taiwan?
8) When returning to Singapore, do we have to show any documentation to the immigration in Taiwan airport?
Hi Cherie Goh, I hope you are doing well. Thanks for reaching out to us.
1. You don’t have to do the rapid test on the spot.
2. Yes you are allowed to go sightseeing if the result is negative
3. No quarantine is needed
4. The rapid test result is valid for 48H so after that if you want to go out again you should do another test. So basically every two days. You don’t have to show it to anybody but it is always wise to have a picture with because you never know. However, it is not a requirement. the rapid test is just for you to monitor your health status.
5.There is no phone application or declaration to make before traveling to taiwan. If you are vaccinated just bring your vaccination proof if not, do not worry as being vaccinated is not a requirement to enter Taiwan. However, some places such as bars, nightclubs require vaccination proof
6. Since you are arriving together, you can stay at the same hotel
7. You will be allowed to take public transportation when you arrive in December
8. So far it is still mandatory to wear a mask however Im not sure when exactly you can take it off so I suggest to always carry one with you in case they ask you for a mask
9. When returning to Singapore you will just have to go according to Singapore entry requirements.
I hope I answered all your questions. If you are not too clear on certain points feel free to ask
Hello! I’m a Singaporean looking to visit Taiwan from 21st November to 2nd October. Thank you for the detailed information on this post. There are a few things which I would like to clarify:
1. May I know if a SIM card with TW mobile no. is mandatory and if it will be tracked by the government, or is it okay for me to use roaming with my current number?
2. Is it mandatory for me to book a hotel (which welcome guests for 0+7) from the list you’ve provided above or any hotel is fine? Will this be tracked by the government?
3. Do I have to pre-book the quarantine transport from the airport to the hotel or will I be able to find a car/ cab easily when I arrive in Taiwan? Do they use Grab or any other car-hailing apps?
Appreciate your reply! Thank you so much in advance.
Hi Joey, thanks for reaching out to the blog.
1. After October 13th, it is no longer required to have a Taiwan mobile no. which means you can use roaming with your current number.
2. It is not mandatory to book a hotel that welcomes guests for 0+7. you can stay at a friend’s house if it follows the one person per room rule or you can book a normal hotel as long as they are okay with the 0+7 ( you can confirm with them). On our platform, we displayed a group of hotels that allow people to stay for the 0+7 just to make it easier for you. However, you can always try other ways as long as you find a better option. It will not be tracked by the government.
3. You don’t have to pre-book the quarantine transport however it will always be convenient to do that. They don’t use Grab in Taiwan but there will be taxis outside that you can take, you can also use Uber. Please refer to the following article that explains Taiwan Taxi service https://www.traveltaiwanduringcovid19.com/1562/taiwan-taxi-service/
I hope your stay in Taiwan will be full of great adventures. I was in Singapore for vacation last month, I had a nice stay. Beautiful country. I hope I helped you and Feel free to ask if you have any more questions.
Hi there I have some questions on the 0+7 policy 🙂
1. Could we roam around freely like travelling? Caused I saw we need to self monitor meaning that we can stay at any hotels and just do rapid test? 🙂
2. Is there any mandatory self test after 13th October?
Hi, during the 0+7, you can travel freely around Taiwan. As long as the hotel you book is okay with the 0+7 you will be fine. You just need to do the rapid test within 2 days every time you are going out. There is no mandatory test after October 13th such as a PCR test. At the airport, they will just give you rapid test kits that you can use when you are going out. It will always be safe to the rapid test because you never know maybe you may want to enter a place and they ask you for it but there is a small chance of that. Just monitor yourself and stay safe for your health and the people around you.
Hi, My family and I will be going Taiwan from 1/3 to 9/3. If i were to go out when i arrive on 1/3 & 2/3, does it mean that we need to do test at our country before arriving Taiwan? Or we are not allowed to move around during the first 2 days since we need to perform rapid test 48hrs before?
Hi Ivan. Thanks for reaching out. You don’t need to do any test before coming to Taiwan. When you arrive at the airport, they will give you raipid test kits so you can monitor yourself. That means you will be able to use them on the same day and go out afterwards. I hope that answers your question.
Excellent post. I was checking continuously this blog and I’m
impressed! Very helpful information specifically the last part :
) I care for such information a lot. I was looking for this certain info for a very long
time. Thank you and best of luck.
Thanks for your kind words, we will continue to help
HI there, I plan to stop over in Taipei- arriving January 28, 2023 and leaving Taipei in January 30, 2023. How does the 0+7 works if only in Taipei for 2nights/ 2 days.?
During the 0+7, you no longer need to quarantine so when you come you can just need to book a hotel or you can stay at a friend’s house if it follows the one person per room rule. As long as you make sure that the hotel you book is okay with 0+7 then you can just come, stay for 2 nights and leave afterwards. If you have more questions, please do not hesitate to reach out
We are planning to visit Taiwan on November. During that period, Taiwan is implementing a 0+7 plan, do we need to book a self-initiated epidemic prevention hotel? Taiwan is also providing a self antigen kit that should be used on Day 0 or Day 1 of arrival. Does it mean that we cannot tour around on Day 0/Day1 not unless we use self antigen kit before leaving the hotel? Can we book 1 room for 4 pax during 0+7?
Hi, during that time you do not necessarily need to book a self-initiated epidemic prevention hotel, you can just book a normal hotel. However, some hotels do not accept people during this period so when you book the hotel make sure they are okay with that otherwise you can go on the mrhost website https://worktel.mrhost.com.tw/ they provide a list of hotels that accept the 0+7. Of course, you can tour around as soon as you arrive as long as you have a negative test with a rapid test given before leaving the hotel. To answer your last question, if by 4 pax you mean 4 people yes you can book a room for 4 people.
Is it possible to travel back to home country after 5 days from arrival date under the 0+7 days policy?
Hi, thanks for reaching out and yes it is possible to do that.
Can I go sightseeing during 0-7 self monitoring?
Hi Shaun. Yes you can . As long as you follow the rules such as keeping your mask on you should be fine.
Hi! What if we will be staying in Taiwan for 4 nights only (Oct 17-21), what policy should we comply?
Hi CLR. If you arrive in Taiwan after October 13th the 0+7 policy should be in place by then so you will need to follow that policy. Ofocurse since this policy is scheduled to take place on Oct 13th and is not guaranteed you should keep an open eye for updates. But if nothing nothing changes you should follow the 0+7 policy.
Thanks Bob! This means we cannot travel back home on the 21st? Do we need to complete the 0+7 days in the hotel?
Thanks Bob! This means we cannot travel back home on the 21st? Do we need to complete the 0+7 days in the hotel?
Hi. I’m an non resident Taiwan passport holder. Do I still need a entry permit to travel? Previously I was told I need one even with my tw passport because I do not have a residence/household registration.
Hi , if I am being honest I am not sure. What I recommend is that you call the TECO in the country you are in to find out. Just give them a call and ask. Another thing I must say is currently. But I don’t think so. May I ask are you a citizen of another country for e..g visitors from some visa free countries traveling to engage in in tourism, visiting friends or relatives, attending social events, conducting business, attending exhibitions, and engaging in fact-finding missions or international exchanges do not need an entry permit.
I am a Filipino, I would like to take a vacation in the Philippines but I don’t know if when I come back if I can quarantine in my own room in the company, I am the only foreign worker in my company
Hi Romel. May I ask what do you mean by your ”own room in your company?” The quarantine must be done under the one person per residence principle. You can check out what does this principle mean and see if your room meets the criteria. (https://hdhq.mohw.gov.tw/Page/Description1Person1Household) If it does you can quarantine there, if not you will need to find another location. However on September 29th 2022, at 00:00 both quarantine and self-initiated epidemic prevention can be done under the principle of one person per room. So if you have your own room with your private bathroom and you arrive during this time then you can quarantine under one person per room principle.
We are a group of six people (3 couples) planning to come to Taipei asap. My questions are:
1. Can we book three separated rooms, each room for two?
2. After the first three days quarantine, are we allowed to move to another hotels?
Thank you for any information.
1. Based on current regulations family members who arrive on the same day can quarantine together at a quarantine hotel or their place of residence.
2. Do you mean a regular hotel? Self-initiated epidemic prevention is not allowed to stay in regular hotels.
I’m a American citizen who is planning to arrive in Taiwan in Mid October. Do I have to show proof of being vaccinated? Do I have to get a PCR test before I get on the plane? And my last question is Do I have to book my hotel room for the quarantine before I arrive? Or can I do it when I get to Taiwan? I really appreciate your help.
1. Vaccination is not required
2. Pre-flight PCR test not required
3. Yes, precook hotel so you have an address to fill out the quarantine form unless they remove the quarantine requirements in October.
Hi, how about the travellers with a connecting flight and a 22 hours of layover in Taiwan airport? Is it possible to leave the airport, check in to some near hotel and roam around the city before going to the departure for the next flight? And what are the requirements in the immigration for that?
Do believe so; the current rule still requires 3+4 quarantine and arrivals need to stay at designated quarantine hotel or home if so equipped. The first 3 days cannot go out even to buy food, have to have them delivered.
Hi, I wanted to ask
1.base on weekly 15,000 visitor cap, how to know I am eligible to enter Taiwan on that week?
2.if test positive, can I go for a concert?
If you are a transit traveler, you can’t leave the airport. If you have to leave the airport, you will need to quarantine.
We’re having a layover at Taiwan for couple of hours.Do we need also to take RT PCR test?thanks whoever can answer my question.
No test for transit passengers required, just those are entering the country to visit/business.
I am travelling to Taiwan in a week from New Zealand with my wife, 11 year old and 1 year old. We were staying at Mum house and she going away for the 7 days. The house has 4 bathrooms and five bedroom. Can we all stay at that house for 3+4 while Mum away?
HI keith. Yes you can. As long as you guys arrive on the same day and the house meets the principle of one person per residence then you guys can stay there for quarantine and self initiated epidemic prevention.
I didn’t mention I am an Australian citizen when asking if I need a visa.
I’m coming to Taiwan 25th December 2022 for a family visit with my daughter and have organised my own travel to get to her home.
Do I need a visa to visit? My visit is just over 1 month.
I will have my own Sim card.
Hi Jacqueline. Based on the governments latest policy “visa-free entry” you won’t need a visa to travel to Taiwan and will be allowed to stay there for a duration of 90 days. You can read more here https://m.facebook.com/groups/2494181490892779/permalink/3137952063182382/?sfnsn=mo&ref=share
Hi Rakeem. That is only partly true as the embassies did not get the official confirmation from the governement. I am flying on the 16th and needed to apply for the Visa in Thailand. So the 12th of september visa free entry date is not official. Got the same info from Taiwanese embassy in Switzerland.
So an American citizen can now come to Taiwan for tourism as long as they have negative test and quarantine for three days is a hotel? If so, does that hotel have to be a special Quarantine hotel and do I need to only have negative test?
Hi Rick. American citizens will need to apply for a visa if they wish to come to Taiwan. According to BOCA these are the visas which can be applied for now https://visawebapp.boca.gov.tw/BOCA_EVISA/
I recommend you to check back in late September early October for updates on the borders opening.
I’m a American citizen who is planning to arrive in Taiwan in Mid October. Do I have to show proof of being vaccinated? Do I have to get a PCR test before I get on the plane? And my last question is Do I have to book my hotel room for the quarantine before I arrive? Or can I do it when I get to Taiwan? I really appreciate your help.
I’m Covid positive on the airport RT-PCR testing (saliva) and 7 days quarantined at my home. After finishing 7 days of quarantine I may go outside, what’s the rule? I came back to Taiwan on the 24th of August from India.
Hi Rabindra. If you test positive and your situation is not severe, after the quarantine is over you may go out and follow the rules of self health management. https://www.traveltaiwanduringcovid19.com/691/self-health-management/