Last Updated on 08-29-2022
During the epidemic, many people had direct or indirect contact with confirmed cases, and they were even identified to home isolation. It is inevitable to feel at a loss when encountering these things and the public does not understand the regulations of home isolation or how to spend the next self-initiated epidemic prevention life.
This article will answer the relevant regulations and frequently asked questions about home isolation and self-initiated epidemic prevention for you: What should I do if I have contact with a confirmed case? Do I need to be tested at home? What is self-initiated epidemic prevention?
mrhost not only provides quarantine hotels, self-health management hotels/self-initiated epidemic prevention hotels booking services, but also expects to provide the most complete and accurate information for people who must be isolated at home, to understand what home isolation is, and to protect our rights and health.
- What should I do if I have contact with confirmed cases? Who will be listed as a close contact?
- What if I am a close contact?
- What if I am a non-close contact?
- What should I do if my colleague or classmate is a confirmed case?
- Can I go to work if a colleague is a confirmed case of COVID-19?
- Can I go to school if my classmate is a confirmed case of COVID-19?
- What happens if I live on campus and my roommate is a confirmed case?
- How do I take a leave from school if I am listed to do home isolation?
- What should I do if I have not received a notice of isolation from the health unit?
- How do I receive an isolation notice?
- What is the difference between Home Quarantine, Home Isolation, Self-initiated Epidemic Prevention and Self-initiated Responsive Measures?
- How long is the isolation period? Where can I do home isolation?
- Testing measures for home isolation
- What if I need to seek emergency medical treatment during isolation?
- Under what conditions can I be released from isolation? What do I have to do after isolation?
What should I do if I have contact with confirmed cases? Who will be listed as a close contact?
In view of the recent rapid increase in the local epidemic situation, the number of confirmed cases has increased significantly. The command center announced that the following regulations will be implemented from 5/8:
- Close contacts are listed based on the principle of living with relatives and friends (residential students and dormitory roommates are listed according to the living relatives and friends).
- Workplaces and schools take self-initiated responsive measures and implement measures such as epidemic prevention leave and school closure according to the level of exposure risk.
- The Home Isolation Notice will only be issued to family members and roommates of college students who are living with the confirmed cases, those with special needs may apply separately.
What if I am a close contact?
If you are a close contact, you will be listed and should be isolated at home for 3 days. However, due to the spike in confirmed cases, many of those listed as close contacts have not yet received an isolation notice. It is recommended that you avoid unnecessary gatherings and pay close attention to your health if you are self-identified as a close contact. Confirmation of diagnosis will be made through the “Covid-19 Patient Self-Reporting System” by filling out a list of up to 10 family members living together, and a home isolation notification will be sent to close contacts.
What if I am a non-close contact?
If you are a non-close contact, you will not be listed and will not need to be isolated. However, you should conduct self-health monitoring for 10 days. Non-close contacts should minimize unnecessary gatherings during this period and pay close attention to their health status.
During the period of home isolation, self-initiated epidemic prevention and self-initiated responsive measures if you test positive with at-home rapid antigen tests, you must not go outside but can use the “Eucare App” or contact their local health departments to arrange telemedicine or video consultations with doctors who would confirm their positive results, make evaluations, and report cases.
What should I do if my colleague or classmate is a confirmed case?
The command center announced on May 8 that from now on, colleagues or classmates of confirmed patients will not be classified as home quarantine and will not receive home quarantine notification forms. The workplace and schools should implement self-initiated responsive measures, and if contacts have symptoms, they should do rapid tests, and measures such as preventive leave and school suspension should be implemented according to the level of risk.
Can I go to work if a colleague is a confirmed case of COVID-19?
From May 8, colleagues in the same office or workplace will be included in the list of self-initiated responsive measures, no more home isolation. If colleagues have developed COVID-19 symptoms, others have to do a rapid test. People with no symptoms will be taking self-initiated responsive measures according to high and low risk.
High risk of infection with workplace colleagues
- Symptomatic: fast antigen screening should be performed
- Asymptomatic and completed 3 doses of vaccine for 14 days: Can work continuously and do self-health monitoring for 7 days
- Asymptomatic and have not completed 3 doses of vaccination or have received 3 doses of vaccination for less than 14 days:
- Can work continuously and do self-health monitoring for 7 days. Work from home or self-isolation should be implemented for 3 days from the date of last contact with the confirmed case, with rapid testing every 2 days after 3 days until the 7th day after the contact date.
Low risk of infection with workplace colleagues
- Symptomatic: fast antigen screening should be performed
- Asymptomatic: The work can be continued, but rapid antigen screening should be performed if symptoms are present, regardless of risk.
Can I go to school if my classmate is a confirmed case of COVID-19?
According to the latest regulation of CECC, effective May 8, the rule “when one-third of school staff and students are listed as “confirmed cases” or “close contacts” will a school suspend face-to-face classes”.
The Ministry of Education has different measures for different age groups and stages of schooling, the following will be described in terms of elementary schools and kindergartens, junior high and high school, colleges, and school clubs, programs, activities:
1. Elementary schools and kindergartens
If a confirmed case has attended the school “within 2 days before the diagnosis”, the classmates and tutors of the class will suspend physical classes for 3 days, and the school will provide 1 person and 1 rapid test. The after-school classes that enroll children under elementary school will follow the same procedure, but the rapid test required by the students will be issued by the school and will not be provided repeatedly.
2. Junior high and high school
Class suspension is eliminated and students in the same class as the confirmed case are not required to be isolated at home. If a confirmed case has attended the school “within 2 days before the diagnosis”, students in the vicinity of their classroom seats where confirmed case seat, implemented 3-day “quarantine leave” to stop coming to school, and the school will provide 1 person and 1 rapid test. The after-school classes that enroll children under elementary school will follow the same procedure, but the rapid test required by the students will be issued by the school and will not be provided repeatedly.
Cancellation of campus-wide suspension of physical classes, Schools may authorize “teachers” to implement distance learning at the end of the semester if there are confirmed or homebound isolated students in the classroom, after discussion with the students.
4. School clubs/programs/activities
People who were involved in school clubs/programs/activities and shared activities with the diagnosed patient without the mask for more than 15 minutes, need to stop coming to school for 3 days, and the school will provide 1 person and 1 rapid test.
What happens if I live on campus and my roommate is a confirmed case?
Roommates in the same dormitory implement the same regulation as “relatives living together”, need to do home isolation. And the school will provide 1 person and 3 rapid tests. If an on-campus or off-campus residential student confirms a diagnosis or residency, the student will be able to receive a medical consultation. The Ministry of Education (MOE) will subsidize schools to actively assist students to do home care or isolation in home or rental housing.
How do I take a leave from school if I am listed to do home isolation?
- Students: If you are a confirmed case, need to do home isolation, and unable to attend school, you will not be listed on your attendance record.
- Teaching and administrative staff: Take official leave if you are confirmed case; isolation leave if a friend or relative living with the family is a confirmed case.
- Parents: Parents may take leave when students are suspended from physical classes or on take leave and need to care for students.
What should I do if I have not received a notice of isolation from the health unit?
An individual can begin home isolation and take a rapid test when you are notified of a close contact. The last contact date with the confirmed case is counted as three days of home isolation, and from the fourth day onwards, if the rapid test is negative and you can go out.
How do I receive an isolation notice?
CECC announced on April 30th, “Covid-19 Patient Self-Reporting System” will be open from 5/1. The system will ask the individuals who test positive to enter basic information, the date of the earliest symptom or positive test, close contacts, any chronic diseases and pregnancy information, and relevant health education information will be provided, after the diagnosis is confirmed, you will upload your random ID to the social distance app, so that those who have contacted you at that time will receive 3+4 notifications.
After the confirming patient fills out the “Covid-19 Patient Self-Reporting System”, the close contacts filled out by the confirmed case will receive a text message informing them of the isolation.
- For those over 20 years old: a link to the isolation notice will be sent by SMS.
- For students under the age of 20: the school will send a paper notice to all students.
- For non-students under 20 years old: 4 days to collect paper copies from the Public Health Center after the self-initiated epidemic prevention.
Can I go out if I haven’t received the notice?
If no notification is received within 3 days, the last day of contact will be counted as day 0.
After daily rapid tests on days 4-7 will allow you to go out, and the central government will remove the digital fencing.
What should I do after receiving the notice from the health unit?
Isolation measures are effective immediately when you receive a notification call from public health unit. If you are outside, you must return to your residence or isolated location as soon as possible. Here are some things to keep in mind.
- You are not allowed to travel on public transportation and should stay at home, or a local government designated site, prohibited from going out, leaving the country or going abroad
- If you are not notified at the isolation site, please return there immediately by car, bicycle or on foot.
- If you are unable to return to the isolation site in the above manner, please contact your local health center or call 1922 to assist in arranging a vaccination vehicle or arranging for a nearby isolation.
What is the difference between Home Quarantine, Home Isolation, Self-initiated Epidemic Prevention and Self-initiated Responsive Measures?
- Quarantine: Subjects are those who enter the country from abroad, all passengers must do home quarantine for 10 days.
- Home isolation: Subjects are close contacts of confirmed cases；The local health authorities will issue a “Home Isolation Notice” and an idividual will follow the instructions of the health unit for isolation.
- Self-initiated Epidemic Prevention: Subjects are individuals who ended home isolation for 3 days, and need to do self-initiated epidemic prevention for 4 days
- Self-initiated Responsive Measures: The target is the patient’s classmates and workers in the same place.
How long is the isolation period? Where can I do home isolation?
- Date：3+4 (3 days of home isolation + 4 days of self-initiated epidemic prevention)
- Location：one person per room, and one per bathroom is recommended.
- If you can comply with the regulations on home isolation, and if you can properly clean and disinfect the bathroom after each use, you can be isolated in a personal room without separate bathing facilities.
- If all the people living in the same household are isolated, they can be isolated in the same household.
※ Those who have changed their status to isolated during the quarantine period, follow the principle of quarantine in the original quarantine site until the expiration date, not applicable to the preceding 1 ~ 3 regulations.
What can I do to protect them if I live with my family?
- Wash hands more often
- Keep a distance of one meter from your family
- Family members and yourself should wear masks
- Dining separately with family members
- The equipment shared with family members should be disinfected with bleach three times a day. For example, faucets, tables, chairs, door handles.
Take these precautions, to avoid spreading to everyone. Or you can stay at a self-health management hotel where you can protect your health and your family!
Can I go out during the home isolation period?
You are required to stay in an isolated site and are not allowed to go outside or leave the country.
Testing measures for home isolation
The date of home isolation has been shortened to 3+4 days, (3 days of home isolation + 4 days of self-initiated epidemic prevention. There will be a rapid test after the close contacts are listed, for those who test positive, you will need to inform “the unit to which the Home Isolation Notice was sent”, then go to the designated site for a PCR test as instructed by the Department of Health.
What if I need to seek emergency medical treatment during isolation?
On April 20, the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC) announced rules on means of transportation will be loosened for individuals placed under home care, home isolation, and home quarantine when they seek medical attention or testing. Related details are listed below.
A. Emergency medical care
- Calling 119 for an ambulance is strongly advised in principle.
- Additional modes of transport: following instructions of the local Department of Health and taking a quarantine taxi, riding with a relative or friend living in the same residence, or seeking medical care by oneself (e.g. walking or driving/riding) can be allowed.
B. Non-emergency medical care/testing
- Taking a quarantine tax is strongly advised in principle.
- Additional modes of transport: following instructions of the local Department of Health, and riding with a relative or friend living in the same residence or seeking medical care by oneself (e.g. walking or driving/riding) can be allowed.
C. Return home for isolation (including returning home after seeking medical attention/testing)
following instructions of the local Department of Health, and taking a quarantine taxi, riding with a relative or friend living in the same residence, or returning home by oneself (e.g. walking or driving/riding) can be allowed.
Under what conditions can I be released from isolation? What do I have to do after isolation?
As soon as the 3-day home quarantine period expires, you can continue to carry out self-initiated responsive measures for 4 days.
How long does it take to self-initiated responsive measures?
After the expiration of the quarantine period, 4 days of self-initiated responsive measures continued. If you can’t live at home or are worried about the health of your family members living with you, you can stay at a self-health management hotel where you can protect your health and family!
How do we calculate the number of days?
The expiration date of home isolation is day 0 and counting from then on.
We assume that after the expiration of 24:00 on January 11, you will have 4 more days of self-initiated responsive measures, and then you will finish the period on January 15.
Testing measures for self-initiated epidemic prevention?
- Rapid test will be given by the local government of the isolation site
- Students from elementary to high school were given 2 doses of rapid tests.
- University students and adults will be given 3 doses of rapid tests.
- Up to 4 rapid tests during the 4-day self-initiated epidemic prevention: If people do not need to go out during the 4-day period, they do not need to use rapid test; if you need to go out for work or shopping for daily necessities, please take a rapid test for negative and then going out with your mask on.
Can I go out during the self-initiated epidemic prevention period? Can I eat together with others?
- If you need to go out, you will need to be tested negative before leaving the house.
- Wear a mask when you go out, and you can take public transportation.
- It is prohibited to have meals, parties, gatherings, or gatherings in the restaurant, visit crowded places and have contact with unspecified people.
- During work hours, please avoid eating in the employee cafeteria, you can take off the mask when eating in your seat, then wear the mask after eating.
- School staff and students are not allowed to come to school during the 4-day self-initiated epidemic prevention, students are also not recommended to go to crowded places such ascram schools and after-school classes.
- Rules on transportation to be eased for individuals under COVID-19 home care, home isolation, or home quarantine
- CECC revises case definition for COVID-19; people in home isolation/quarantine considered as confirmed cases if they test positive with rapid tests and medical personnel confirm their test results
- Effective from May 8, people living with confirmed cases to be listed as close contacts and self-initiated responsive measures to be taken at workplaces and schools; digital fencing for people in home isolation to be removed
- CECC implements key contact tracing starting April 25 and shortens home isolation period with 3+4 plan starting April 26
- Pandemic prevention guidance